
So Easter really isn't one of my favorite holidays. I know it's supposed to be more important than Christmas or whatever, but I have no self-control when it comes to candy and usually end up feeling disgusted with myself the week after my coconut egg-jellybean-peep-eating extravaganza! I am, however, secretly excited to someday take my kids to an Easter egg hunt. I witnessed one taking place in my new town a couple of days ago and it just seemed like so much fun! I imagine my kids will be dressed the cutest out of all the other kids, find the most eggs, win the biggest chocolate bunny and we'll all go home happy!
This year I invited my Mom, two brothers, DP's parents and sister to Easter dinner at our house-a total of 8 people. Although I am a tad nervous about the meshing of our two families, I have been spending the week studying cooking blogs and have been to pier-1 at least four times to memorize their table settings. (Quick side note: Pier-1 is pretty much my favorite place in the world. I could spend hours there. I used to live just minutes away now it takes me a whole half hour to get to one! It is most depressing!)

It is no surprise to any of my close friends and family that I absolutely LOVE to entertain! Now that I own my own home and have a little more space than I did in my tiny studio apartment, let the festivities begin! I have to admit I do find more joy in the preparation than I do in the actual celebration.
So my menu is looking like this so far:
Ham
Green Bean Casserole
Asparagus
Baked Macaroni
DP's sister is bringing dessert and I still need to figure out an appetizer.
Pictures soon!
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment