Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Design Dilemma

Friends, I'm afraid need your help. I am in the final stages of finishing up my living loom and wall art is always my biggest challenge. There are more holes in our wall than we can count. I have honestly changed my mind about five times since we moved in, about the arrangements of our wall decor. Although DP has become an expert at the whole spackle/sandpaper thing (which I think is a great skill to have,) he is going to divorce me soon if I don't make up my mind growing impatient with me.

I just really feel like wall art can make or break a room. It's like that gaudy plastic-bead necklace you throw on at the last minute that completely ruins your entire outfit! Ugh. So Disappointing. I'm breaking a sweat just thinking about it. This where you come in.

My Living Room currently looks like this:



See? That HUGE wall is NAKED!



So, here's the BIG question...

Do I clothe my naked walls with a collage of meaningful classics?



OR do I find that ONE special, XL statement piece to hang behind my couch?



Help!

5 comments:

  1. For behind a couch, I like a big statement piece. I like the collage, but more on a free standing wall so people can really look at it without a big peice of furniture blocking. The room looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - big statement piece! You could do a collage in your hallway or something. Good luck. Looking forward to the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are my thoughts...unless you can afford or already have in your possession, a large statement piece, I'd go collage, and/or mirror? I find that most "statement" pieces I see on peoples' walls all come from the same sources (because they're affordable), so while it may look big and impressive, it kind of loses its impact when you realize half your neighbors, and those people on HGTV have the exact same thing. However if you do have access to a cool and unique statement piece, than by all means go that route!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big statement piece above my couch. I have this one from Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10132340

    Something from the same collection might look nice!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We found great pieces at Marshalls, Kohls, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory... I like the idea of one or two bigger pictures....

    ReplyDelete