
Last Friday, I boarded a plane, for the second time in my adult life, and flew two LONG hours from Atlantic City, New Jersey to Fort Lauderdale, Flordia. As you may have guessed I do not travel well. For many, the thrill of exploring a new environment is exciting and fun. People love to travel and experience new places, foods and people.
Not this girl.
I get terrible anxiety at the just thought of being anywhere unfamiliar-even IF I am just minutes from my home and got lost coming home from a new restaurant. Sad, but true.
Keeping this in mind, I would never have agreed to go on this mini-vacay if it weren't for the group of girls going with me. They did an incredible job of keeping me distracted during turbulence and that horrible part where the flight attendant shows you how to use your floatation device. Ugh. I hate that part. Jill even held her hand out for me to hold when we took off. Having these amazing girls by my side definitely took the edge off, but my first day in Hollywood Florida was not an easy one.
I probably called DP about 10 times and made him put me on speaker so I could talk to Nikki. Eventually, I began to relax and enjoy the festivities.
We spent Saturday in Miami, trick. (Feel free to sing the song in your head. I am.) Here is us posing in front of Dash, the Kardashian's store.

I was actually surprised to see that the store was fairly empty. No Chloe. No Kourtney. And certainly no clothes. But if you would like to purchase a bottle of water with the Dash Label, there were plenty adorning the hot pink and black shelves.
We also went stand-up paddle boarding in the 90 degree bay. I wish I had a funny story to report about me falling, but I actually did quite well. Maybe I should take up professional surfing? Okay, I won't get ahead of myself.

We did a ton of eating, drinking, shopping and LAUGHING.

On Sunday night, we played bingo at the local Knights of Columbus. Sometimes you just need a low-key night.

I am so glad I had enough courage to do something outside of my comfort zone. It was TONS of fun and even made me want to travel again soon!
Glad you had a good time!! I am jealous of your trip :)
ReplyDeleteThats cool you got to check out their store, whats up with the no clothes?? How much were they selling those water bottles for?
We didn't check the price but I'm willing to bet they were at least $5.00! Not sure why the store was so empty.
ReplyDeleteAwesome.. glad you stepped out of your comfort zone !! I love traveling !! My sister went to Dash Miami about 2 months ago and said the t-shirts were like $100 crazy !!
ReplyDelete