As I put away my sweaters, tights and favorite pair of camel boots, I once again drag out the heavy bin of "summer clothes" that have been hibernating at the top of my closet for the last 9 months. My first thought: "What did I wear last summer? There are no clothes in this bin!" My second thought is always the ever-depressing fear that I may not fit into my favorite pair of Forever21 deal-of-lifetime-shorts (that I literally wear everyday.) Looks like I am getting one more summer out of those babies! Whew!
It suddenly occurred to me that now that I am a big-time, fancy homeowner, my wardrobe isn't the only thing in desperate need of a seasonal makeover.
My mission: Give my kitchen a little jolt of SUMMER!
My budget: $20.00
Listen, $20.00 can go a long way. Trust me. First, I hit up my usual favorites for Home Decor: Ross and Marshals. Take a look at these awesome starfish glasses I found for $1.99 a piece! I bought three and then my mom convinced me to grab the fourth. "What if you have another couple for dinner? Who buys three dinner glasses?" she asked. Good thinking, Mom! Who does by three dinner glasses?

I am not a big fan of the "beach house" look, but these starfish glasses are the perfect amount of "beach" in my house. After living at the shore my whole life, moving an hour away from the beach has left me a little heartbroken to be honest. These glasses are a just a little piece of my past and I love that :)
Lately I have been a little obsessed with starfish. It all started with this necklace from Target that everyone went crazy over! I, of course, ran out and bought it THAT day! I can be a slave to the latest trend, I do admit.

Pictures of my Kitchen's Summer Makeover coming soon!
I'm so excited to pull out my favorite summer things too, bring on the beach :)
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog from Krizzy Designs; it's adorable! You have a new follower!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! :)
ReplyDelete